Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Why are words so limiting?

I knew it would happen sooner or later and I tried to rehears in my head what I would say. Though nothing sounded quite right in my head, it sounded even more strange out loud. It was a question that I thought I wouldn't mind answering. Now I'm not so sure why.

"Do you have children?" he asked. "Uh" was all my brain was saying, but my mouth spurted out that we had lost our twins boys at Christmas time. Then I got the "Oh I am so sorry..." . Regret. I shouldn't have said anything. But then to say nothing would feel like I am denying that I have held two sons in my arms as they breathed their last. This is something I never want to deny or ignore, and yet, do I want to share it with everyone? I don't know...

No comments:

Post a Comment