Friday, February 20, 2009

Dates, dates and more dates

They warned me from the day I left the hospital. I've read about it from others. You just don't know what it will feel like until it happens. Those days come, and they go and I'm still okay but they are painful. Today is the 2 month mark from the day I delivered the boys. Last Saturday, Valentines day was our "big goal". If we could make it to Feb. 14, 30 weeks, our boys would have had a fighting chance. Though time has been the greatest source of healing, it can be those days that provide healing that also hold a sense of emptiness. I've been told to be aware of feelings of sadness that may come as my due day comes near. I just didn't realize that all the dates that should have had a happy meaning, would hold the opposite. (Sigh) It's just been a rough day.

On a happier note, I've healed physically enough that I hit the slopes yesterday with my brother Trevor. We had a good time together on the mountain snowboarding...I'll post some photos from our trip soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment