Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Deja vu

I'm leaving tomorrow and thankful I was already planning on going. We got a phone call today, well while I was working, and all of our criminal history has been shredded by the FBI. Supposedly we filled everything out last February on an old form, which can't be transferred and is now longer accepted. Therefore all old forms had to be destroyed and families have to re-file. We were told by one worker if it wasn't on her desk in Portland tomorrow we wouldn't be able to go to committee on the 10th because we no longer have a valid background check! We were scrambling to figure out what we were going to do. We also needed to be finger printed and the sheriffs' office only finger prints on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I pleaded with the officer to fill out our forms and he said if I could be there in 5 or 10 minutes he would do it. I had to find a finger print card !!! I picked up David and flew to the DHS building to get cards and then flew to the sheriff's station. So now on my way to my grandmas I can have our second background check on their desk in Portland right on time!

Crazy Crazy! I'm sure most adoptions have their crazy moments but my mind is just catching up with my body for the day. Hopefully a nice sleep with help before the long drive tomorrow.

And yes, we are going to committee for Zachary on March 10th! Very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment