Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Travels

What to write? I'm not really sure.

To keep it simple, David and I had an opportunity last week to purchase tickets to Hawaii. We bought the tickets and left 4 days later. Nothing like spur of the moment. We are enjoying a nice break from the snow and cold in Baker as well as the company of David's brother and sister-in-law who live here.

Today we spent the entire day on the beach. As the evening came I was taking pictures and digging my feet in the sand. I always think of the boys, but tonight I was touched deeply by their absence. Why does it hit out of the middle of no where at times? I don't always know what to do with some of my thoughts, but tonight I just let them come. I thought about things had it gone differently, and reflected on how things are currently happening. Then as the sun was setting, I wrote their names in the sand and watched the water take them to sea. A lady walked by and read their names before the water touched them. She had no idea what she walked upon, and I'm not sure why, but I thought I would be embarrassed if someone saw what I was doing. Before I became distracted by the stranger I watched the water wash over the sand and then it was over. She continued walking. My heart was beating a little faster as I let two warm tears make their way down my face before I made my way back to our spot where we had been sitting. On my mind and always deep in my soul, the two little boys that changed us softly.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering where you guys were off to. I had not seen a blog post in awhile. I love you guys and I hope you enjoy your time away. I love my second cousins quintin and speedy also. May you enjoy the time to relax and may you feel restored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Matt, we love you too! We had a small time frame to be gone so we took it! We fly back home tonight. It has been a nice visit, now it's back to the snow!

    ReplyDelete