Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cousins

They're special people. Thankfully not your siblings, but closer than the neighbor kid. Even from a young age you know that they are more than a friend. Sometimes silly things like binkies, toys, hormones, competition, the classic boy/girl difference that split even the closest of cousins. Sometimes they are our role models, or those that we learn which mistakes not to repeat. Sometimes they are simply a familiar face at the family reunion and in rare cases, though the relationship morphs, they are still that true friend in life.

Photobucket
This is me and my best-est childhood friend, Chris. I think he is the first boy that broke my heart ;) . Girl cousins just aren't cool past a certain age.

Photobucket
David and all his cousins from Cali.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

To many more happy cousin years!

5 comments:

  1. oh my, how cute!!
    I love Lydia's expression in the third photo, "that's right, I'm taking it"
    Love this, thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The progression of those is hilarious! :) Beautiful babies God has blessed you with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Started out a little teary when I saw the picture of you, Chris, and Chanelle in the corner. Oh my precious children, the years have flown by! In the blink of a wet eye, I was laughing so hard I could hardly breathe. Oh my precious grand children!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Alyssa, this is wonderful! I love the series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, ditto what your mom said, seeing that picture from a long ago New Years eve.. sweet, I love the precious new set of cousins, who's in charge here???...Oh Lydia.

    ReplyDelete