Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Journey

I thought I should post something about how our committee went yesterday. We were not selected for the two children we had applied for. Sad, but okay. I was hoping we would not be devastated if we were not chosen and it is nice to know that life is continuing as it did the day before. Of course we are disappointed, but trust there is a little life out there waiting to meet with ours. *Happy note, two beautiful children got their forever family, and that is what needed to take place.

So, we are back to square one. Waiting.

My dad and I were talking last night while I cut his hair in their backyard, and he said something wise, as usual. It went something like this "patience can stick it", or "patience sucks" something like that. This made us both laugh, since this is coming from a man who has waited almost 2 years to sell his home and finally feel settled. We all know the housing market is tough on anyone looking to sell a home at the moment. Well anyway, patience is a virtue, so I've been told. Not something easy in our fast paced, consumer driven, instant gratification world.

Here are some pictures from the wedding David and I got to enjoy last weekend. Beautiful setting and very loved family! Thanks mom for watching all of our dogs and watering our garden so we could go!


Photobucket
David and I after a long day of taking pictures.
Photobucket
Ashley, Davids cousin, and I.
Photobucket
The view from the reception balcony.



I Almost forgot!!!! HoW COulD I?!?! I am a new auntie to the most beautiful little girl!!!! I was still in San Diego when my sister Lianna gave birth. I could barely stand the text saying "pushing" and the picture texts were wonderful but I was bursting at the seams to get home. Finally, at 9pm we drove our tired little bodies into the hospital parking lot Monday night. I got to hold my one day old niece who is a beautiful blend of both Lianna and Barry. As I'm sure you can imagine, I can't wait to take some photos. Here is one I snapped of the new daddy, before they brought little Lydia Mae home.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment