Monday, November 22, 2010

Change

Today came with a feeling of excitement. A slight wonder if I am really making the best choice. The confirmation that I am. A small amount of regret. A happy thought of the future.

Let me explain.

Today was my last photo shoot as Alyssa Henry Photography. For a very long time.  I've been looking forward to being done working. With an active almost two year old and a 6 month pregnant belly, I'm tried. Zach deserves and needs all almost all my attention. When he does calm down or rest, I should take it easy as well. Plus I haven't mentioned the fact that my wonderful husband goes to work 5 days a week to provide fully for us. I like working, I like the purpose it gives me outside the home. I love people, and I really like when I make them happy with my work.

David gave me very first camera for my 18th birthday. I was elated. I had always wanted a camera and to learn photography. I still have a lot to learn. I played with it for a few years and down the road a few people asked me to do small photo jobs for them. One thing led to another and for the past 3 years I've been enjoying every summer doing portraits and weddings.

It's funny as I write about it, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal to be done. It really isn't, I guess it just feels weird. I've put a lot of work and time into what it is right now. Though, to be honest, I couldn't be happier about the thought of photographing my own family more often. Who knows, maybe I'll even get around to having some photos in our house! That's the other thing, when you do it for everyone else, you never get around to doing it for yourself.

I have a few photo/art projects in mind that I've always wanted to do. Maybe in my free time I'll actually use my camera for different subjects. I plan on keeping my photo blog for posting photos, just not in the way I have previously.

I thought I'd end my post with one of the very first images I ever took. 6 years ago, I thought this was a good shot. I like looking at it now, trying not to pick it apart entirely (it really is poorly composed for almost every reason) we all have to have our first shots at something new.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment